Our learning outcomes
The lifejacket station outcomes:
- This would be an experiential experience for participants.
- Understanding the level of buoyancy, the lifejacket offers
- How to correctly fit and size a lifejacket
- Understanding survival positions – HELP, Huddle to maintain warmth in the water in a survival situation.
4R’s station outcomes:
- How to recognise someone in distress in the water
- To understand how to respond and rescue others without compromising your own safety.
- To understand the basic life support plan regarding basic 1st aid.
Waka, Paddle board and kayak stations outcomes:
- To increase the knowledge and understanding around open water, weather, wind, swell and pre planning.
- To understand the correct equipment worn and used while paddling and why.
- Increased competence and technique while paddling.
- Understanding what to do in the craft capsizes and how to re-board.